Friday 22 February 2013

Millie's Quilt

My very dear friend's daughter Millie was turning 4 and I asked my friend is she would like a quilt for Millie's room, and to my delight she said YES. 

This quilt was quiet a challenge. It's first time that I had pictures of the room, which had been decorated and I had to try to find the fabric to suit it, to fit in with the decor. Usually I just pick up fabric from my stash, but this time nothing in my stash seemed suitable. So I searched high and low until I came across Moda 'Posy' collection.  And it just felt right. It felt right for Millie, and it felt right for the room that I been given pictures of.

Challenges didn't stop here. I'm still very much amateur, so it was quiet tricky for me to make fat eight bundle to "stretch" to make a single quilt. But I managed :) Used up pretty much every scrap that there was.

Modeled on my daughter's bed, as always :)













No comments:

Post a Comment