Thursday 6 December 2012

Erline Elf

My daughter is 3 and half years old now and I consider this to be her first Christmas. I mean - when she is consciously waiting, counting days and is crazy excited. First year she's talking about Santa and taking part in her nursery nativity play. Two previous  Christmases she just was playing with wrapping paper and was a bit scared of white bearded man :)

Accordingly, I'm making effort too. Lots of mums seem to be organizing little elves for their kids. Some of the elves are little grassers to watch kids and report back to Santa, some just having casual holiday from toy making.

So I thought I'll make one for my little girl. I came across Ernie and Erline Amigurumi pattern. Pattern is well written, I thought. Very easy to follow and after about a week's worth of evenings I had Erline the Elf ready.

My daughter was ecstatic. I, however, felt little sad having to sit back and let Santa take all the credit for my hard work :)









2 comments:

  1. Aw she is a lovely elf! I think some of them look a little scary, but she is really sweet! I have bookmarked the pattern for later :) My little boy is only 2 and doesn't really have any idea what Christmas is or that it is coming, but next year I want to do the elf thing too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a lovely comment.

      I've got little boy as well, he's only 19 months, so no Elf for him yet :) Will be crocheting Ernie Elf next year :)

      Delete