Wednesday 14 November 2012

Ella's memory box {decoupage}

Ella is not just any girl that turned two this year. I witnessed Ella come into this beautiful world. I was there. I heard her first cry and saw her Mum and Dad holding her for the very first time.

When she turned 2 few months ago, I was faced with choice. I could give her a toy, that she could play with and enjoy it, or I could give her something that she might not appreciate now, but would appreciate it later. I went for the latter. I thought, if I won't give it now, I will have to wait until she's 16, because now, that she's still little, she won't notice that I haven't brought  toy or something else that she could enjoy *right now* :)

I wanted to make more than just a box where her mum could put all precious little keepsakes, I wanted box itself to contain memories. So I lined the inside with pictures. Lots of them. Pictures of her just born, pictures of her parents, her grandparents, cousins, great grandmother.

This was my first big decoupage project. Steep learning curve, but I'm very pleased how it turned out.  I need to make more, for my children.

Here's the  box before I started

 And here are some photos of the finished memory box


















1 comment: